Saturday 9 May 2015


Momentum

I've had the winter to do my research, ride a few different bikes and worry about all things Divide related. It's looking like a May '16 start around the week beginning on 16th. 5 weeks of riding time total with a week's grace for a couple of days in Banff post flight and getting organized to make it home.

2745 miles at 35 days of riding puts me at a nice minimum daily mileage of 80 miles.



I'm pretty happy with my choice of bike.

The kind (and experienced!) folk at bikepacking.net along with a few other sources have given both good and bad reviews regarding the use of a cross bike along the Divide - some even saying 'it can't be done' - but I, along with a few other individuals beg to differ. More info can be found on The Bike link.

No comments:

Post a Comment